Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25th, 2014



1) In the short story, Johnson is given the chance to change his life and turn it around but he just throws it all away. He reminds me of my uncle Jamie because of those things. My uncle joined the army young and developed a bad habit with alcohol and was soon released because of his inability to control his drinking. When he came home, the whole family was supportive of his recovery; all we wanted was for him to get better and fight his addiction. We gave him a roof over his head, clothes on his back, and food on the table but no matter what we did, he never gave up alcohol, not even for us. When my uncle was sober he was one of the most caring and kind-hearted people that someone could ever meet. Eventually, we gave up on him; we had all given him everything we had to offer. We had gone through hell and high water to make sure he got better but no matter what we did, he would never change. It was as if the alcohol was more important than his own blood, that’s what hurt the most.
 
2) In middle school, I played sports; that is what I was known for. When I got to high school, I realized that I was good at other things that did not involve balls. They put me in honors classes and I wanted to get it changed but I was not allowed to change into classes that where easier. So I grit my teeth and stuck out the first nine weeks and was surprised to find that I made all A’s. I honestly did not plan on taking anymore higher level classes but with the extra push from my friends and teachers I continued on to honors in 10th grade. That is the year that I truly found my ambition to be the best that I can be. I found my thirst for knowledge that I still carry with me today. I am a dynamic character because throughout high school I have grown as a person and realized my true potential to make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment